H/M: Misaki Contact Lens


I'm here! Finally! Haven't been writing posts nor reviews.
So in exchange, I'm going to write really a lot this week!




A little different from the usual beauty review, this post will be revolving around.. yes, contact lens.




And the brand I'll be touching on is...



Misaki Lens
Where: Made in Korea
Colour: Brown
Diameter: 14.2mm
Base curve: 8.6mm
Water content: 45%
Usage: 2 months
Price: $30
Where to get: FarEast Plaza B1


The colour - Brown


I have been eyeing on their lens every time I walked by. Finally decided to make my first purchase there! Their design is really similar to Geo/EOS/whatsoever lens online.



What I like about it:

The comfort level
Used the lens for about 4 times last week. Comfortable! 1 whole day with no signs of dry eyes. I thought it is really thin and all. I know it is still too early to judge this brand. I will continue to monitor and update this place if there's any changes. *cross fingers*


The effect
Comfort level is my number 1 priority when it comes to lens. Hate it if the lens sting/hurt/dry up my eyes like crazy. Not even talking about any possible eye infection. -_- The diameter of the lens if 14.2mm. Not a pair to give me barbie-looking eyes but I'm happy with what it does.


With flash

Without flash

I thought it was too overwhelming but people are telling me it looks ok! It does show up in flash, kinda creeps me out. BUT, it is really quite alright without flash. Not anything I cannot accept. Been loving natural colours aka black or dark dark brown lens. Sadly, they don't come with astig so normal clear lens is my daily companion.


The price

omgbbq the price of misaki lens is definitely affordable! Let's not compare with the lens from JB/online. $30 for 2 months equates to $15 per month! Almost as cheap as 
Maxi Eyes! (went to dig for the box because I forgot the brand). This is more comfortable than Maxi! What I don't like about it:



What I don't like about it:


The degree

Not totally what I don't like about it but what I don't like about coloured lens. NO ASTIG! :( At least not what I can find.


The design

Ironically, this falls under the thing I don't like about this pair of lens. The black rims are thicker than the usual Geo Angel series (very popular series). I understand the whole dolly-eyes-because-of-the-black-rim-thing. I find the thick rims make my eyes look smaller! Is it just me? Also, the dolly- ook is just not my cup of tea anymore. I'm converting to thinner rims/brown rims! So natural I wanna pass off as natural beauty #lol #likeasw

Don't mind me, really.


The choice

There isn't one thousand and one colours/designs to choose from. Not as attractive as some other brands, no?



The Verdict 

Up to now, I'm a happy user of Misaki lens.

Rating: 9/10
Repurchase: YES. Decided on the next pair to get already. 

3 Comments

  1. Misaki have nice colours and good prices for standard/basic lenses.
    But their toric lenses don't work. They cost $80 USD approximately. They won't refund them if toric lenses of faulty. I wish I didn't waste money on their toric coloured lenses. I'm yet to see any good reviews about the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many brands carry coloured toric lens so most of the time I will go without. Just have to limit wear time.
      Recommend us if you find any good ones!

      Delete