[Sponsored Review]: Faith in Face Masks

Hi girlfriends! Have you noticed the new 'page' I have added above? I will be updating the products I am currently using (skincare, make up and hair care) there. Will redate once I have edited anything.  :)

I know there are a lot of products in my current routine. I do not use them all at once - they are opened products worth mentioning. I have omitted those that really do not suit me. What does you typical skincare regime looks like? Is it necessary to incorporate 10 different products/procedures in your daily routine?

Well, go ahead if you have the time, interest, money, etc. However, there are 6 steps you cannot skip, ever.

Cleansing > Toner > Moisturiser > Exfoliating > Mask > Sun care


So today let me talk about a section I barely touch - Facial Mask, courtesy of Faith in Face and The Sample Store for the product!

Faith in Face mask was first launched in 2012. Faith team is the number 1 hydrogel mask brand in Korea and they only use organic and naturally derived extracts when formulating the pack of goodness. Faith in Face masks are known to be free of parabens and mineral oils, thereby reducing the chances of allergic reactions. Animal lovers will be glad to know that Faith team does not perform animal testing on their products.

Faith in Face Masks

What: Facial mask
Variants: After shower look, Hold me Tight, Black & White Film Star, Miss Invisible Pore and Nourish me.  
Sheet type: Hydrogel
Price: $14.50 for 3
Where to get: Watsons




Ingredients:


After Shower Look
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum , Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Dimethicone , Sodium PCA, Cellulose Gum, Polyacrylate-13, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, CI 42090


Black & White Film Star
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract , Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Dimethicone, Trehalose, Cellulose Gum, Polyacrylate-13 , Sodium Polyacrylate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Pericarp Extract, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance


Nourish me
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Glyceryl Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Polyacrylate-13, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodecanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide 3, CI 15985, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, FragranceAfter Shower Look Hydrogel Mask



How to use:


1. Cleanse face, remove all traces of make up
2. Apply toner to prep skin
3. Remove the protective layer and apply the smooth side of the mask on your face
4. Adjust to ensure a good fit
5. Leave mask for 30 mins (My practice is ~45 min to 1h)
6. Remove mask and pat leftover essence into skin 




Packaging


The masks come in very cute packaging. The tag lines are very catchy as well. The sheet comes with not one, but two protective plastic layers. Are they there to prevent the mask from tearing? Very thoughtful just that it is not that environmental-friendly.




Stars: ★★★





Sheet type


This is not your usual cotton or microfiber sheet mask. Faith in Face masks are hydrogel sheets.
Think of mask as an isotonic drink after a good work out. You can do fine without but it is great to have.
It is separated into two pieces (for better fit!) and made of hydrogel. This material is able to deliver the most hydration and nutrients to your skin.

Another special thing about the mask is it has this ultra smooth side, tried and tested.




Stars: ★★★





Sheet fit



It is not bad but not perfect yet. The mask is a bit small for my face; thus, it does not fully cover my cheekbones area.




Stars: ★★★





Application


No more ill-fitting masks with the two-piece design. It is a tad more troublesome to put on the lower face but the benefits seem to overrule the cons.
Note that there isn't a lot of serum in the pack.



Stars: ★★★





Effect



Here's after use. Before was less firm and nourished. I personally don't find the masks very different in terms of functionality. All three I have tried (After Shower Look, Black & White Film Star and Nourish Me) gave me brighter, moisturised skin after use.




Stars: ★★★





Price


Hydrogel masks are often more pricey than cotton masks but they are of higher quality. You do pay more for each piece but for the quality of the mask, I think it is rather worth it.




Stars: ★★★





The Verdict


Note that you wouldn't get 3 different variants in a pack if you purchase from the store. Masking with The Faith's masks really makes me feel like I am in a spa. I will not use this on a regular basis as Faith's masks are a little on the pricer side (Cotton masks are half the price!!). Instead, I will save it for days with important events. All 3 of them performed pretty similarly in my opinion. There are two more - Miss invisible pore and Hold me tight. I have not tried them yet so I cannot comment much. Nonetheless, the three different types I have tried is not too bad. If you are tired and worn out, why not treat you skin and inject some moisture with a mask today. You will not regret ^^


Pros:
- Moisturisng
- Brightens skin
- Tightens skin



Cons:
- Pricey for daily use
- Not perfect fit, especially on the side of the face. 



Rating: 8.5/10


- Have Faith in Face, Origin of Beauty - 

0 Comments