Review: Garfen Edge Finger, brush for your scalp

I have seen a lot of advertisements on Grafen edge finger before this but I was too sceptical to try. Will using Grafen edge finger cause more hair to fall? Will it be too rough? Will it damage my hair/scalp? Will it hurt? I had my doubts but many of my friends are recommending it (and my friend had 1 extra); hence, I bit the bullet and bought it from her.


And here's my experience with a scalp brush/cleaner. 

Grafen Edge Finger Review

What: Scalp brush 
Purpose: Clean and healthy hair scalp.
Colours available: Red, White
Made of: Medical-grade Silicone
Place of orgin: Korea
Price: $12.90
Where to buy: Shopping platforms (Lazada, Shopee, Qoo10 etc)



Purpose

Claimed to be designed for people who face hair symptoms such as hair loss, dandruff, itchy scalp and weak and thinning hair. Regular usage will help to promote blood circulation, removes dead cells and toxins on hair roots without causing irritation, thus maintaining a healthy and clean scalp. 



How to use

1. Apply shampoo to your scalp and make enough bubbles on wet hair.
2. Lather/clean with Grafen Edge finger, avoid going in a circular motion to prevent hair winding.
3. Rinse off shampoo.


You can refer to this video posted by Grafen global to understand how to use



Packaging

Comes in a transparent plastic container and in it you will find written instructions (in Korean language) and pictorial representation. I don't think you really need to read the instructions to understand how it works.




Silicone brush

Medical grade or not, I don't know. It is firm but not hard. 

Does not feel scratchy or harsh on my scalp. Use it with adequate strength but you do not need to apply alot of pressure. Use a light hand to start. 




Grip


The handle is designed to provide a good grip for users and it is really a dream to hold. I don't have to worry about it slipping out of my hand at all. Even with water and soap, it did not slip. 





Storage

There's no way you can hang this to air dry so you either have to leave it on a shelf/countertop or put it back in the container. I generally don't like to leave tools on countertop or shower area so I find it a hassle to put it back in the container after use. 

It also takes up quite a bit of space.
The saving grace is that it is made of plastic/silicone thus you don't have to worry about trapped water/shampoo. Nobody likes to deal with something mouldy in the bathroom. 




Function/purpose

I use Grafen edge finger to clean my hair more thoroughly - and it did that. It has been some time since my scalp feels this clean. (Imagine going to salon but daily basis) 

I use it once every 2-3 days, you can adjust the frequency according to your needs. 




On scalp/hair

My number one concern has to be ' will it be too 'harsh' on my scalp?' I don't want to deal with more hair loss. 😨

The answer is no. It is not harsh, doesn't hurt at all and I didn't experience more hair fall as well, thank goodness.



The 'spikes' are well-spaced - reducing the thug on wet hair. Any fallen hair will not tangle or trap on it too. 


In fact, it feels really good and I look forward to shampooing with Grafen edge finger.




Types of shampoos

I used it with shampoos made with and without surfactants (Surfactants help produce bubbles) and it works for both. 

Somehow I don't get bubbles when I am using this with shampoos without surfactants - contrary to what it claims - but I am fine without it. 




Is it really worth the hype?

Overall, the bristles are soft yet firm and it does not hurt when using. Grafen edge finger is a great scalp cleaner that does its job. I believe it works for all shampoos and most hair/scalp types. 

This is really something suitable for everyone. I never knew it is critical in my regime until I've tried it. (Think beauty blender/makeup sponges). 


After using it, I realise my scalp isn't so oily and remains fresh throughout the day. I just feel clean, the same feeling you get after getting a hair wash in a salon. Honestly, I feel there is also less hair fall now and I think it has something to do with the cleaner scalp lol. It is too early to tell now. 


Is it worth the hype? I say yes
Give it a try if you are thinking about it and let me know what you think!






Cleaning power: 5/5
Comfort level: 4/5
Storage: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5
Grip: 5/5
Value-for-money: 4/5



Rating: 8.5/10
Will recommend but Jov is more neutral tho, she needs to observe longer. 







LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 
Thank you & bye!

0 Comments