Review: Boots Cucumber Skin Freshener

Previously on JJOYIS, we have posted about Boots Cucumber moisturizer and it performed better than expected (7/10). As such, we started using Boots cucumber skin freshener (toner) with high hopes. Did it perform up to standards? Let's find out! 


boots skin freshener cucumber review

Boots Cucumber Skin Freshener

What: Toner/freshener
Suitable for: oily skin
Scent: Alcohol 
Size: 150mL
Price: <$10
Where to get: Boots Phuket (Thailand)


Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat., Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium methylparaben, Sodium citrate, Citric acid, Tocopheryl acetate, Propylene glycol, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipropylene glycol, Retinyl palmitate, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl cinnamal, Sorbitol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) fruit extract, Denatonium benzoate, Tocopherol, Benzoic acid, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1)



Packaging

Comes in the same translucent green plastic bottle and a snap cap. 

information on boots skin freshener


I am totally fine with budget packaging as long as they don't break or dispense products poorly. 

boots skin freshener cucumber review packaging



Scent

Very strong alcohol smell, I can smell it every time I pour the freshener out. 



Consistency/texture

Flowy and liquidy. 

boots cucumber skin freshener consistency


Does not feel or look like anything. It is absorbed quickly and does not leave a residue.



Ingredient list

Alcohol is present in the product and is second on the list. It is higher than most of my other skincare products. Be warned not to use it near your eyes. Once, I have accidentally used it around my eyes and it made my eyes water. It can sting, so luckily it didn't get in my eyes that time (I cannot imagine if it did). 



On skin

I use this with a cotton pad to remove bits of makeup, oil or dirt. It is not as drying as I've expected. Other than the cleansing effect, I don't observe any significant changes. No before and after photos because I can't tell a difference. It's not oily or sticky after application.



Overall

This is a very very average toner - cleans and tones your skin. It does not cause any problems when I used it but I didn't notice significant improvements as well. The scent is off-putting and it can sting your eyes. This is why I don't like it and will not repurchase or recommend it.






Pros:
- Light consistency
- Absorbs/evaporates easily


Cons:
- Strong alcohol scent
- Stings eyes 
- May not suit sensitive skin folks





Packaging: 2.5/5
Scent: 1/5
Consistency: 4/5
Cleansing power: 4/5
Ingredients: 3/5
Value-for-money: 2/5 (cheap but not something I want to use) 



Rating: 2/5
An average product. Will not repurchase or recommend



Unlike Boots Cucumber moisturizer which turned out better than what we have expected, Boots Cucumber toner did not fare as well as that. We do still have other products from the Boots cucumber series to test out. Stay tune to see what we think of the others!





LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 

0 Comments