Review: Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray | Why I don't like it

I tried really hard but it just didn't work out. 
I feel a lot of things I have tried belong to ok, average level but sometimes I found products lying on the extremes of my scale. This time, it is not on the right side. Let me say it first at the start - this product is not something that I would use. 




Mario Badescu Facial Spray review

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

What: Facial spray/toner
Suitable for: All skin types
Scent: Rose
Size: 118 mL
Price: $12
Made in: USA
Where to get: Sephora



Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosa Canina Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1).


Packaging

Mario Badescu Facial Spray review spray not good

Rosewater/toner spray sounds good, doesn't it? Yes, except the spray doesn't dispense so well. The liquid dispersed is large and chunky and the applicator is not the easiest to use. I get a shock every time I sprayed it on my face. The bottle feels like one that I transferred out from bigger bottles; not the most well-made. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray review

I know I mentioned that I don't really mind 'cheap' packaging but I expected a little more from this brand.



Scent

Quite strong, and considering that this is a spray-on type, sometimes I feel I'm spraying perfume on my face. You will get a strong smell of roses.




Effects/Side effects

I have tried and stopped this for at least 3 times, each over 3 days before I decided to give up. Mario Badescu rosewater spray is bad (maybe it didn't suit me). I had breakouts in different areas after using it. I don't think I have sensitive skin so having a negative reaction is really the last straw. 

Other than that, I see no other changes. It wasn’t hydrating or moisturising like what it claims to do.





Overall

This product can be used at any time of the day or before and after makeup. However, the packaging is not small and compact such that you can bring it around with you easily.

Despite being a cult favorite, it does not work for me. The packaging is poor as I expected something a little more well done (at least for the spray). It is also quite heavily scented. The product does not work for me - it does nothing to hydrate. It is even more frustrating to deal with breakouts because they will leave scars and dark spots so I think I have given this rosewater spray enough chance. For something claimed to be calming, this sure is the opposite. This review is extremely short because there is nothing for me to write about. 


Pros:
- Can be used any time of the day, before and after makeup 

Cons:
- Poor packaging
- Heavily scented
- Breaks me out
- No to negligible effect



Packaging: 1/5
Scent: 1/5
Effect: 0/5
Value-for-money: 0/5



Rating: 1/5
Will not recommend or repurchase





LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 

0 Comments