[Sponsored Review]: Bio-essence Hydra Tri-action Aqua Droplet Sleeping Beauty Mask


Bio-essence Hydra Tri-action Aqua Droplet Sleeping Beauty Mask
What: Sleeping mask, moisturiser
For: All skin types
Size: 80 g
Texture: White,opaque gel
Made in: China
Price: $33.90
Where to get: Bio-essence counters in major pharmacies and departmental stores



Promises:

1. Brightens dull and tired skin
2. Regulates oil and moisture level
3. Moisturises dry and rough skin
4. Refines enlarge pores
5. Keeps skin plumped and supple



Frequency:

Suitable for daily use




Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolmer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Methylpropanediol, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Vaccinium macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Oxide, Calcium Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Methylisothiazolinone





How to use:


1. Apply a thin layer over skin as a daily moisturiser and a thicker layer as a sleeping mask
2. Massage gently until aqua droplets form.
3. Gently pat till all the product is fully absorbed. 

*There is no need to wash the mask off after application*


Aqua droplet mask is specially formulated with outing water-in-oil technology which ensures excellent hydrating benefits. It will form a protective shield over the hydrating ingredients before application. The shield will break away and big aqua droplets will be formed upon application.




Star ingredients: 

1. Power Nano Hyaluronic Acid 
With an average nano molecular size of 15-25nm, it absorbs quickly and easily, making the sin instantly hydrated and moisturised. 

2. Hyaluronic Acid
Effectively lock in moisture, keeping skin moist and soft

3. Cranberry Extract
Great moisturiser and aids in moisture retention, improving skin elasticity and suppleness


= 3X hydration power!!








Packaging




The first thing I thought to myself when I unboxed this was 'wow, like laneige'. It comes in a tub with a very secured lid. 
No spatula was provided so some people might not like it. I simply used my old spatula. Just wash it well and reuse, no problem at all.




I'm generally satisfied with it except for the safety seal. It is not as tightly sealed as other products. I'm not sure why but I'd prefer my things firmly sealed. 




Stars: ★  






Interesting application


I know the 'How to use' is a little confusing so here's an animation to help you understand better:


Pardon the colours

When you rub the product in, tiny water droplets will be foamed. Interesting right!!

They are known as Bio-crystals. It is not a common technology so it was quite an experience when I first tried it. 




Stars: ★  





Smell


A pleasant scent but nothing overpowering. The smell does not linger for long so even if you don't like it, you don't have to worry. 




Stars: ★ 





Texture





It feels like makeup primer on my skin. Velvety and smooth. Again, not a common texture for a moisturiser.




Stars: ★ 





Multi-functional


This product can be a daily moisturiser or a sleeping mask. I like products with more than one use.  It's like you pay one price for two things.





Stars: ★ 





On Skin


Glides on easily. You have to do as per instructed if not it will feel oily on your face. This is especially more prominent when you smeared on a thicker layer.

Not sticky at all and it is absorbed in no time. 




Stars: ★ 





Effect


As I've mentioned previously, the texture of the mask is akin to a primer. The silky finish provides a good base for any foundation/BB cream; hence, I like it under my make-up. It definitely works really well as a daily moisturiser.

The product is wonderful as a sleeping mask too. It is hydrating enough to be used alone.




Stars: ★ 





Moisture level


One of the better moisturisers I've tried.




Stars: ★ 





The Verdict


I took quite a while to digest all the information given to me (from both TSS and the packaging). It mainly promises to keep skin hydrated and it delivered on that. Its dual usage makes it a good product to carry around if I'm travelling/staying over at someone else's place. The container may be a little bulky but it is definitely worth the space it takes up. I like how my skin looks and feels after application. I usually prefer it as a sleeping mask because I can see all the goodness it does to my skin the next morning. Moisturised, glowing skin!

I believe I've written a very detailed explanation on the good and bad points of this (Like 99% good LOL!). There's no need for me to repeat everything again.


Rating: 9.5/10
Repurchasing!





Bio-essence is holding a street sampling at Mandarin Gallery on the 6/9/2014, Saturday from 2pm-6pm. You can find out how hydrated your skin is, bring home freebies and enjoy great discounts. Sounds good right!

The venue is not confirmed yet but I'll update it here once it is. Remember to check back before you head down ^^  Venue is confirmed!!
For more information, remember to 'LIKE' and check out Bio-essence Facebook page.

You can redeem free samples from there too. To make your life easier, click here to redeem!



Thanks for reading, xo

0 Comments