Review: Senka Facial Whipping Foam, #1 Facial Cleanser in Japan for 10 Years

review senka perfect whip foam cleanser

Senka Perfect Whip

What: Facial Wash
My skin type: Dry/combi (Joy), Combi (Jov)
Suitable for: Anyone
Functions: Cleans dirt, impurities and excess oil
Made in: Japan
Smell: Floral
Size: 120g
Price: $7.90



Ingredients

WATER (AQUA)・STEARIC ACID・PEG-8・MYRISTIC ACID・POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE・GLYCERIN・LAURIC ACID・ALCOHOL・BUTYLENE GLYCOL・GLYCERYL STEARATE SE・POLYQUATERNIUM-7・FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)・DISODIUM EDTA・SODIUM BENZOATE・SODIUM METABISULFITE・PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER・SODIUM HYALURONATE・SODIUM ACETYLATED HYALURONATE・SERICIN・CITRIC ACID・POTASSIUM SORBATE・HYDROLYZED SILK・





Packaging

Nothing worth mentioning and nothing significantly changed over the years. Senka Perfect Whip is still spotted in its signature blue packaging. 




Rich, dense foam

This is one of the reasons why I like Senka facial wash so much. Put a tiny bit of the product on your palm and add some water. Give it a quick lather and it will produce very mochi foams! 

senka perfect whip foam cleanser review mochi


Reminds me of whipped cream. Washing my face has never been so much fun. It is similar to those foaming facial washes from other brands but somehow, I can still tell the difference. I find Senka gives firmer and stiffer foams (like stiff peaks after whipping egg whites) while most others are more 'airy'. Hence, I enjoy Senka slightly more compared to the alternatives. Makes me feel like it cleans my skin better you know.




Usage


A little goes a long way. If you are lazy to foam this or you are rushing for time, just lather quickly with wet hands. It will give a very creamy and thick consistency. 




Effects on skin

It does everything as promised. As a cleanser, this cleans very well. It is gentle on skin - there is no tightness or dryness after rinsing off. In fact, I feel that my skin is well-moisturised! This is in contrast to many other facial washes I have tried. Also, it brightens my skin tone after use, though the brightening effect does not last very long. 






Overall

senka perfect whip foam cleanser review

The contents of this post were first drafted in 2015, and then updated again in 2020 (which is why you are seeing it now). This is how long I have been using, and loving, Senka Perfect Whip. Do you know that this is one of the first few cleansers that I could use after breaking out for a long long time? I have explored other brands of facial cleansers but I still feel that this is one of the best entry-level facial cleansers in the market. It is widely available in most drugstores (e.g. Watsons) and I usually stock up when it is on sale. I know I can always come back to this if all else fail. I can understand why this is voted as the #1 cleanser in Japan for a consecutive period of 10 years. 


Every experience with Senka facial wash leaves my skin clean yet moisturised. I particularly find the experience enjoyable, especially when I foam it up. Mochi on skin :3 Together with a very affordable price tag, I don't think there is really anything to pick on. It is just a very fuss-free product that works for most skin types. You may not see the importance of a good cleanser (me too) until you use a bad one. Trust me, I had my fair share of terrible/unsuitable cleansers. 


While finalising this post, I saw that there are 2 other variants released by Senka (not sure when lol!). Made a mental note to try next time!



 Pros:

- Cleans well
- Hydrating
- Small usage each time (i.e. product can last long)
- Fuss-free
- Suitable for most skin types
- Affordable


Cons:

- Need some effort to foam it up





Packaging: 5/5
Consistency: 5/5 (esp when you lather it well)
Scent: 5/5
Cleansing power: 4.5/5
Hydrating level: 4.5/5
Value-for-money: 5/5


Rating: 10/10
Will continue to use and repurchase.





LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 
Thank you & byeee!

0 Comments