Review: Nivea Creme

Nivea Creme
What: Moisturiser 
For: Body, face 
Size: 60ml
Texture: Thick batter
Scent: Baby powder
Made in: Thailand
Price: <$3 
Where to get: Toiletries Stores (eg Venus)

Extra info: 
Ingredient list



Nivea Creme is often compared to La Mer's cream. I was curious hence I purchased one quite some time back. I believe this is the smallest one and thank god I got this size. Here's why. 


Moisturising effect:

Applied it on the drier parts of my body - knees, elbows and hands. It soothes my flaking knees (yucks i know) but doesn't work well for the rest. I mean it is definitely better than not applying anything but the results aren't anything 'wow'.



My hands are still very granny after using it for quite a while. 


Stars: ★☆☆☆☆


Texture


The cream is so thick I don't know whether it's cream or cookie batter, I'm serious. It's so hard to spread. It is not as moisturising as it feels.

Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆



Absorption

Barely there. Applying this cream probably feels like waterproofing any surface with epoxy. It basically stays on the skin and transfers to anything you touch/lean on. My phone is constantly covered with oily fingerprints :(


Stars: ☆☆☆☆☆


Aftermath


Greasy skin is always a turn-off. Just look at how my hand looks. 
(I admit I used a little more than usual for photos but it is still considered oily when I use less)

I don't know how people use this on their face without looking like they have not washed their face for 10 days. 


Stars: ★☆☆☆☆
(Wanted to give half a star but cannot find~)


Others

It contains chemicals I prefer not to be used on my skin. I didn't really care about the ingredient list until my HW project lol. Google it if you're keen (Mineral oils etc) 



The Verdict

As I've said, I'm really thankful I got the smallest one. I'm trying to finish this up. The tip to using Nivea Creme is 'a little goes a long way'. It wouldn't be this greasy/absorbs much better if you apply less. Like if you apply a really thin layer. It is better than not applying anything and I guess you don't have to worry about the transfer issue if you're heading to bed after that. Nonetheless, nothing can be done to make the texture a little better. I still don't like it eh.

Rating: 1/10
Will not repurchase


PS, do you like my new review style? I find this way less biased and I tend to cover more ground.
Let me know what you think!
Anyhow, I'm finally done with the next review's photos. Excited to share more about it so stay tuned for that ^^

0 Comments