Review: Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule

When is a good time to include anti-ageing products in your regime? There is really no fast and hard rule for it but a general guide is after 25.

I never properly consider the need of improving my skincare routine (think facial wash, toner, moisturiser and daily use of sunblock) until I realised how 'old' my skin looked. I noticed my laugh lines became more obvious and my skin lacks that firmness/elasticity it used to have.

That was when I knew I cannot put this off any further.

When I was blogging more actively, I used to put in more effort in skincare/makeup. Then, I stopped and likewise, my routine got more and more simplified.

One of the keys reasons why I came back on this space again is because I wanted to pay more attention to myself and writing it out really helps me to observe, think and reflect. I can choose to write in a 'diary', but what's the fun of that?



Anyway, I digress.


Back to the topic!



Time Revolution Night Repair New Science Activator Ampoule (Borabit)

What: Ampoule
Size: 50 mL
Suitable for: Young ageing skin
Price: $23
Where to buy: online shopping platforms (Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee)


Disclaimer: This product has been discontinued earlier this year. No, don't close the tab yet, you can still find some remaining stocks online, albeit cheaper, if you're keen to try out after reading. I contemplated for a really long time whether to draft this post or not. I still did anyway because this is the product that led me back to this space and I have seen some results after using it for slightly longer than a month.




The packaging


Glass bottle with dropper, I cannot imagine it being packed any other way. The dropper is easy to control and dispense the right amount of product. No complaints.


Stars: ★★★



Smell

Nothing like the usual fragrant/floral ampoule; in fact, it has a pretty strong fermented scent. I'm guessing it is from the main ingredients.


Stars: ★★★



Value

To be frank, I got it at a higher price than stated but it was quite some time back so I can't recall. Browsed through online and most of them were in the 20ish region so I took it as it is. It is not easy to find ampoule priced this low.


Stars: ★★★



Texture/absorbency

Brown, runny liquid with a slight gel consistency.



It is absorbed within seconds and does not leave any unpleasant residue or oiliness on the skin. Anti-ageing ampoules are more concentrated than anti-ageing serums but this absorbs fast enough.

If I have to describe the process, I would say it feels like it goes right into the deeper layers of the skin.


Stars: ★★★



Effects/Results

After incorporating this in my night time routine for 2 weeks, I noticed several differences. My laugh lines aren't so obvious anymore, the faint lines on my forehead tightened and my skin generally feels more supple and elastic - as though you inflate a balloon that is losing air fully.

The main effects I observed will be the hydration from within, and a slight gradual improvement in my skin elasticity and firmness/lifting.


Update! 


Not the best before/after photo comparison. There is an improvement from the skin texture and I also noticed my spots are lightened.

Stars: ★★★




Pros:

- Value for money
Suitable for young, ageing skin
- Dropper for easy control
- Hydrates from within
- Skin repair
- Elasticity



Cons:

- Discontinued, hard to find
- Little/no effects on skin that needs stronger care
- Takes time to see results



Overall

This is an entry-level ampoule catered more for young skin with early signs of ageing. It helps to hydrate from within over time. It also helps to improve skin elasticity and firmness but little on skin texture. Missha Time Revolution series is one of the better known series of Missha and Korean street brands and I can clearly see why.
However, if you need more TLC with your skin, this may have very little effect on you. I am grateful for it to be mild enough for me to start out my anti-ageing prevention care.




Moisturising: 8/10
Anti-ageing: 8/10
Elasticity: 9/10
Skin Texture: 8/10
For sensitive skin: 5/10
Scent: 8/10
Value-for-money: 9/10



Rating: 8.5/10
May or may not repurchase again

0 Comments