Review: Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm (Pink Blossom) | 8-hours of moisturisation

When you think of lip balms, you think of Burts Bees. I don't really use lip balm regularly in Singapore but they are a staple when I travel. This is a tinted lip balm, something useful when you need both moisture and colour. 




review burts bee tinted lip balm pink blossom jjoyis sg beauty blog

Burts Bee Tinted Lip Balm

What: Tinted lip balm
Colours available: 8
Colour: Pink Blossom (Cool pink tone)
Scent: Waxy
Net weight: 4.25 g
Price: $18
Where to buy: Sephora



Ingredients:

cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavour)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavour




Packaging

Good, quality packaging. Trust me, some really cannot make it! 


review burts bee tinted lip balm jjoyis packaging ingredients

Peel to review the ingredient list but it is easier to check above. 




Transfer test

It transfers; as expected. Lip balms tend to sit on top of your lips to provide protection. Touching up is necessary after a meal or drink. 
As the colour is sheer, it does not look bad after eating.




Scent

Quite a strong, waxy scent. I don't really like it. 




Colours

They have 8 colours in the range and there are selections suitable for all skin tones. I picked Pink Blossom, one of the most popular colours in this series. 


review burts bee tinted lip balm jjoyis colour pink blossom swatch on hand


Swatched it lightly on my wrist. The colour is sheer but still shows on my skin.




Moisturising

Promises 8 hours of hydration and it lives up to claim. Quite moisturising but I have not tested on chapped/peeling lips (no chance thanks to the humidity in Singapore)




On lips (Swatch)

Colour payoff is light and it offers some colour correction. 

Pink Blossom is a nice cool pink but it does not suit my skin tone. I have warmer and tanner skin colour so a cooler lip colour isn't flattering on me. It makes my lips look purple as you can see below lol.

review burts bee tinted lip balm pink blossom  jjoyis colour pink blossom swatch on lip test

I don't know why I picked this colour but if you're fair/have cool undertones, Burts Bees pink blossom will probably look great on you! 


You will feel it on your lips but it is not tacky or sticky. 




Application

Application is easy - there's no need for a mirror or to prep your lips before that. 




Ingredients

Burts bees is known for its natural formulation and this tinted lip balm is free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, or SLS. A quick run-through on its ingredients suggests little red flags.




Overall

review burts bee tinted lip balm pink blossom  jjoyis colour pink blossom sg blogger


If you are looking to protect/repair very chapped lips (something I always suffer from whenever I travel to drier climates), check out Lucas Papaw ointment or Laneige Lip Mask. I have not tested this on badly chapped lips so I can't tell for sure how moisturising it is. I actually like the humidity level in Singapore because I literally peel everywhere whenever I travel a little further lol. 


I use this on its own when I needed some moisture and some colour. It will still transfer so some will end on up the inside of my mask (common issue since 2020) but it is still bearable. I don't think the colour is not nice, it is just not suitable for me. 


I hope they would consider working on the scent though. It really smells like a crayon to me. Not overbearing but since I am constantly smelling it when I apply on my lips, it can feel a little unpleasant over time. 
The last thing I want to mention is... Burts Bee lip tint balm is so expensive in Singapore? $18 for a lip balm, ok.
I remembered it was selling for $3/4 USD in America. What a big difference. 


Pros:
- Sheer colour
- Moisturising
- Good range of colours to select from 


Cons:
- Price
- Smell
- Colour is not suitable for me (is this really a con lol)



Packaging: 5/5
Moisturising: 3.5/5
On lips: 4/5
Colour: 1.5/5 (for me)
Scent: 1/5
Amount of product: 4/5
Value-for-money: 3.5/5




Rating: 7/10
Don't really use thus will not repurchase unless necessary





LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 

0 Comments