Review: Sofina Primavista Ange Long Keep Base UV Primer - With unfiltered before and after photos!

It has been a few years since I stopped using foundation daily. I don't have very good skin yet but I learned to embrace a more natural look. Recently, I started adding makeup base/tinted sunblocks into my regime so let me share on the first one we have sampled.



Makeup base is great for people who wear makeup and don't. Ever since masks became mandatory, my skin has been breaking out more and it has become oilier. I had to make some adjustments to my skincare and base regime, added a few products and ditched some others to make everything work again.





sofina primavista ange long keep base uv primer review

Sofina Primavista Ange Long Keep Base UV Primer 

What: Base/primer
Colour: 1 colour; pinkish
Sun protection: SPF 16, PA++
Scent: -
Size: 25 mL
Price: $17
Where to get: Watsons/online shopping platforms like Shopee, Lazada, Qoo10.



Ingredients

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, C4-14 Perfluoroalkylethoxy Dimethicone, Alcohol, Lauryl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Octinoxate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polianthes Tuberosa Polysaccharide, Chamomilla Recutita, Thujopsis Dolabrata Branch Extract, Polysilicone-9, Magnesium sulfate, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, Mica, CI 77947, CI77891, C8-18 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Methicone, Hydroxyapatite, CI 77491, CI 77492, Dibutyl Hydroxy Toluene, Vitamin E, Methyl parahydroxybenzoate.



How I use: 

Shake well before use. I usually just spread it out directly on my face using my fingers. It is buildable so I use a light layer each time.
Apply after sunblock and before makeup (I dust loose powder and conceal any flaws with a concealer)



Packaging

sofina primavista ange long keep base primer packaging old


Handy plastic bottle with shaker ball for easy mixing. The cap has a click-to-lock function so you don't have to worry about spillage. This comes in a 25 mL bottle.



sofina primavista ange long keep uv base primer back packaging old


Information on the back is printed in Japanese. 



Consistency

sofina primavista ange long keep uv primer consistency

Light-weight, very liquidly and blends easily. The consistency is great and it does not make my skin feel stuffy. 

This base has a light pink tint to it (which I will talk about in the next point).



On skin/finish

sofina primavista ange long keep uv base primer review before after swatch
 
When applied on the skin, it is non-sticky or oily. There will be an immediate brightening effect as shown. 
It feels really good on my skin. It may look a little fair initially but give it will look natural in just a few minutes. 
sofina primavista ange long keep uv base primer review before after swatch

Sofina's primer brightens p my skin without that overbearing white cast some colour-correcting base has. 


Let's zoom in a little more.

sofina primavista ange long keep uv base primer review before after swatch

Doesn't it look like I've some sort of beauty filter on?

This is how it works on pimple scars, redness, skin tone and pores. Sofina Ange Base scored well when it comes to covering redness, brightening skin tone and blurring pores. You can still see faint dark spots/pimple scars after application but that can be easily solved using a concealer. 



Lasting power

This does not stop oil production but it prevents any sort of flaking or creasing. Your skin will slowly change from powdery to more of a buttery finish (if you get what I mean). I like to blot my skin with a tissue after around 5 hours. Apply loose powder to make it last longer. It will start to smudge/crease after 6-8 hours. 


Other functions

Other than acting as a primer, it has added benefits such as SPF protection (SPF 16, PA++). It is not high so I would still apply a layer of sunscreen underneath Sofina Primavista base. 



On my dry spots

My skin is a little flaky/peeling around my nose and chin after a milk enzyme facial (Not forgetting the new pimples - I haven't been taking Kordel's Primrose Oil diligently). It will emphasise dry areas, especially when the skin is peeling slightly. 

No big deal, just use less product on these areas. 



Ease of removal

Easy to remove. 


Overall

I am quite happy with Sofina Primavista long keep base. I have read a fair share of good reviews before and finally, I am adding to its long list. 

Sofina UV base checked all my boxes - decent oil control, brightens and evens out my skin tone. It minimises the appearance of pores and works well alone or under foundation. It can crease on dry, flaky skin but honestly, I have never tried something that doesn't on skin like that. 

If you have a lot of blemishes to cover then this is probably not something you use alone. 





Pros:
- Smoothens skin
- Brightens skin tone
- Easy to remove
- Oil & shine control 
- Longer lasting makeup 
- Non-sticky or oily on application


Cons:
- Small?



Packaging: 5/5
Sun protection: 3/5
Coverage: 3.5/5
Pore blurring: 4/5
Brightening: 4/5
Oil control: 3.5/5
Finish: 4/5
Consistency: 5/5
Ease of removal: 4/5
Value-for-money: 4/5


Rating: 8.5/10

Will recommend and repurchase 



LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 

0 Comments