Review: Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava


I know, not again? I've the tendency to write about the same thing over and over again. Pardon me.

However, I feel that I need to write about this because 1. I just got it 2. There's an on-going promotion 3. The previous one was a boo product.


I know. Point number 1. -_____- So much of FINISHING the Watsons lipbalm first before purchasing another. (But I figured out how to make full use of them already, see below)




Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava review
Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava
What: Tinted lip balm
Smell: More like watermelon
Taste: Nil
Price: $4.10 (but there's a promotion now so you can get it at $3.50)
Good for: Daily usage, dry lips
Where to get: Watsons, Venus or any drugstores


What I like:


The smell

Told ya I'm a sucker for sweet scents.



The function

Guess this is like the most important thing people look at when they are buying a lip balm right? Whether it is moisturising, how long will it last on your lips, how does it feel etc. Well, it is moisturising. I used it on the day I bought it and applied right after meals. You know what? Within 1 day, my chapped lips are gone. Impressed.



The texture

It feels really light on my lips. Love it. Hate those waxy feeling. It still feels like it is on your lips but not in an overpowering manner.



The colour and sparkles

This is a good-bad thing (mentioned here before).
I don't have to bring another lip gloss/stick with this tinted lip balm.



The sun protection

SPF 10. Good good. Lips need protection as well. I used to use another lip product with SPF in it and it helps to lighten dark lips. (coupled with regular exfoliation)




What I don't like:


The colour

Yes, I'm contradicting myself. But wait let me explain.
One thin layer and the colour + shimmer is really nice.

Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava swatch
Something like this


However, if you apply a little too much, it is a little bright and too sparkly (for my liking).




I know the lighting in the two pictures aren't the same. But there is really substantial difference in real life. 



The packaging

It is a little too fat. LOL I'm troublesome like that.




The Verdict:

This is a good everyday lip balm. It provides enough protection such as SPF. At night I would apply my Watsons one. Don't want anything with SPF in it on my skin (or lips) when I'm snoozing!



Rating: 8/10
Added it to my fav list but might not repurchase. There are other brands I'm planning to try once I finish this tube *hopefully!*



0 Comments