Feng Food, Northpoint Yishun

I love carbs - one of my favourite kind of noodles has to be Dao Xiao Mian (or I like to call it fat ban mian).

Feng Food has been on my radar since I know they sell fat ban mian and at last, I was there to try it out!

feng food dry noodles dao xiao mian review northpoint food

First up, we have Feng Dry Noodles ($13.80).


In a bowl, you have cucumber, fried egg, pork chop, ru lou (braised pork meat) and of course, the noodles. Mix well before eating.


feng food dry noodles dao xiao mian review northpoint food pork chop


The noodles were a little overcooked (just by a little bit, then again I really like very hard, starchy noodles). Can I take a minute to talk about the pork chop? I don't like pork chops as they are usually tough and dry. However, this is tender and flavoured nicely. I like it.
Ru Lou is pretty decent too.



Next, we tried the same noodles but in another sauce.


feng food dry noodles shredded onions dao xiao mian review northpoint food


This is Dao Xiao Mian with Shredded Onions ($6.50). Expected it to be more fragrant. 


feng food dry noodles shredded onions dao xiao mian review northpoint food


I feel beansprouts aren't the best vegetable to go with these noodles as they are stronger in taste and flavour. It was overpowering, what a pity.



feng food northpoint golden fried rice review


Last on the table, we have a plate of Golden Fried Rice ($6.50). Fried rice is something my family cooks whenever we have a lot of leftover rice from the night before. Basically, we throw in eggs, some vegs/meat, season and stir-fry everything together. It is a simple dish. However, simple doesn't equate to easy. There aren't fanciful ingredients or seasoning to cover any inattentiveness or bad cooking.


Coming back to this Golden Fried Rice, a plate of rice with egg and nothing else. I am happy with how it came up - the short-grain rice has a good bite, separated and well-seasoned. Coupled with the fragrance from the eggs, simple yet delicious. Not the best of best but definitely of good standards.




Overall, you can get affordable and pretty good Chinese dishes from Feng Food. I would recommend you to try out the pork chop. I will continue to hunt for the best dao xiao mian (dry fat ban mian) but this is a pretty convenient alternative. I will request to reduce cooking time for the noodles when I dine here again. (P/S, for your reference my noodles option, when I eat in Ippudo, is extra hard)

Feng Food

Northpoint City (South Wing)
930 Yishun Ave 2 #B1-156
Singapore 769098

Tel: 6481 8556

Operating Hours:
11:30 am - 9:15/9:30 pm daily


Suitable for: Chinese/Taiwanese Food lovers
Nearest MRT: Yishun



Food: 4/5
Ambience: 3.5/5
Service: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Value: 4/5

Rating: 3.5/5Will visit again

0 Comments