Food: Real Food, Square 2

real food novena square 2
Real Food 
10 Sinaran Drive Square 2 #B1-105/106/129
Singapore 307506
Contact no.: +65 63972289
Suitable for: Vegans, health-conscious people
Sitting: Small-large groups
Nearest MRT: Novena Station
Website



Real Food is quite different from many restaurants in the market. Real Food is meat-free and they use organic ingredients.

I will briefly review some dishes we ordered.



real food Mushroom and Celery Tomato Penne
Mushroom and Celery Tomato Penne ($12.80)
Homemade tomato sauce with sautéed mushrooms and organic celery topped with shaved mozzarella/cheddar (vegetarian) cheese. 
*Optional Add garlic for improved flavour


I find this pretty normal. Plus, I don't really like tomato-based stuff so this does not appeal to me very much.




Beet (Millet) Burger ($13.80)
Handmade patty made from beetroot, carrots, onions, millet and zucchini. Stacked with grilled onions, tomatoes, guacamole and served with pan-fried organic sweet potato wedges.


THIS IS GOOD. The bun is crispy on the outside but fluffy soft inside. The beet is so juicy and.. so good. I mean, how can it be as juicy as beef patty for example? Sweet potato wedges are fragrant and firm. I don't mind being a vegan if my food taste like this everyday, serious.



Mushroom Noodles Dry ($8.50)
Organic brown rice udon with leafy green vegetables, braised shitake mushrooms and cherry tomatoes


This looks like something you can get from food court. Nothing worth mentioning. 



Organic Fried Rice ($8.50)
Btw I forgot to photograph it. It is the one at the top left
Brown rice stir fried with pineapple, capsicum, french beans and carrots
*Optional: Add garlic for additional flavour


I like fried rice but more often than not they are too oily for my liking. I feel sick after having them. However, organic fried rice I had here did not give me any of such problem. It is flavourful and not too oily nor dry. 




***



What I like about Real Food Square 2 is it is tucked away in corner of the mall. It is not crowded during dinner time. The place is spacious and relaxed. Moreover, healthier meals are usually more expensive but it isn't the case in Real Food. I am glad they made organic meals affordable. Portion is generous and the staff is friendly.

Overall I enjoyed my meal there. 
Remember to try their Beet (Millet) burger and organic fried rice when you visit them. 




Novena Square 2 Real Food Menu (Price not updated)


Other outlets:

CENTRAL 
6 Eu Tong Sen St The Central #B1-52/53 
Singapore 059817 
T: +65 62244492 

 KILLINEY 
110 Killiney Road Tai Wah Building 
Singapore 239549 
T: +65 67379516

0 Comments