Review: IDS Facial Scrub (FS) | A scrub that is good for the skin and the environment

Exfoliating is crucial for good skin. There are many ingredients available in the market that does so but I generally categorise them into either physical or chemical exfoliants. 

I've been avoiding physical exfoliants (scrubs) for years after I read more about it. Then why am I writing about a scrub today? You will see in a short while; I guarantee you that there are good reasons to continue reading. 

IDS Facial scrub, scrub, skincare, review, cleanse, jojoba esters

IDS Facial Scrub

What is it: Scrub, physical exfoliant 
Suitable for: Oily and/or blemish-prone skin
Size: 50 mL
Made in: -
Price: $66.34
Where to buy: IDS online store




Ingredients

Sodium Bicarbonate, PEG-8, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Carbonate, Jojoba Esters (Beads), PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance/Parfum, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Magnesium Stearate



How I use it 

1. Mix facial wash and IDS scrub in the ratio of roughly 1:1
2. Lather with some water and apply directly on the skin
3. Go around in circular motions gently
4. Rinse off with water (warm/cold is ok)




Packaging

White squeeze tube with a matte finish. Simple and classy on your bathroom counter. 



Ingredients

I am generally fine with this list but I want to mention that they really have a long list of preservatives. If you are sensitive to preservatives, you may want to take note of this. However, the preservatives they have are not synthetic. 



Jojoba esters (Beads)


I want to specially highlight one of the ingredients - jojoba esters (beads). As I mentioned, I didn't like touch scrubs for the longest time. 

For those who do not know yet, many scrubs are made of plastic microbeads and these tiny plastic are damaging to the environment (and the sea creatures). There is a lot of controversy around this. On top of that, microbeads that are not made symmetrically can cause micro-cuts on your skin. 

Hence, when I found out about jojoba esters (beads) - spherical and more environmentally friendly, I was more open to give this a shot.

IDS Facial scrub, scrub, skincare, review, cleanse, jojoba esters
When first squeezed out

IDS Facial scrub, scrub, skincare, review, cleanse, jojoba esters

This is pretty fine and you can barely see the beads. 


Experience of use/frequency

The product is flowy and a little goes a long way. 

Some scrubs can be rather rough on the skin. However, IDS Facial Scrub uses jojoba esters (beads) which are more gentle on your skin, and you will not feel it hurting your face.

My favourite way of using IDS Facial Scrub is to combine facial wash with scrub, add a little water, and lather on the skin. Of course, you can also do it the conventional way; apply it on the face and neck and gently massage it in a circular motion after cleansing, add some water if necessary.

The official page suggests that this facial scrub can be used daily but we didn't want to overdo it.  I usually exfoliate once every week, 10 days, or whenever my skin feels 'rough'/'clogged'. 



Suitable for

It claims to be ideal for oily & blemish-prone skin. We are more of a combination/dry (Joy) and combination/oily (Jov) skin and it works quite well for both of us. You can use less and mix with your regular facial wash to make it less 'harsh'. No scientific research, it is just my own opinion. 



Results/Effects

It works every, single, time. After washing it off, my skin will be super soft and smooth, I kid you not. 
It does not make my skin feels tight or dry. I feel cleansed and refreshed the moment I rinsed it off.
It takes the layer of dead skin off almost instantly; physical exfoliation gives instant, observable difference. I feel this is the fastest way to improve skin texture. 



Overall 

I am so glad to know that there are scrubs that are more environmentally friendly and also more skin-friendly. I hope this post can reach more people - not all scrubs are bad. In fact, physical exfoliation is more suitable for people with sensitive skin. Jov and I are both rather pleased with this IDS Facial Scrub

Exfoliating regularly is also important to keep your skin soft and refreshed. Not only that, but it also prepares your skin and helps your subsequent skincare to be absorbed better. The effect is observable after 1 wash (a good way to soften and freshen skin). Always be gentle because no matter what, a physical exfoliant takes off the outer layer of your skin. 

My IDS journey has been pretty great thus far. You can check out what I did/the products I have used from the link here




Pros:
 - More environmentally-friendly and skin-friendly ingredients
- Smoothens skin
- Does not leave your skin dry and feeling tight after use
- Alternative to chemical exfoliants

Cons:
- How you use it is important 




Packaging: 4/5
Ingredients: 4/5
Sensation: 4/5
Ease of use: 4/5
Effects: 4/5
Value-for-money: 4/5



Rating: 8.5/10
Will recommend




This is a collaboration but by no means or way, it will affect our reviews/writing on this space. 



LIKE
 our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 

0 Comments