Review: Vidisic® Eye gel | an alternative dry eyes remedy

Have you ever heard of eye gels/eye ointment? Well, I definitely haven't until my LASIK treatment. I was prescribed Vidisic® Eye Gel along with several other eye products.  I did also subsequently requested to have a stronger option because my dry eyes symptoms were quite unbearable then. I was given an eye ointment (Alcon Duratears eye ointment), but I could not get used to that. I stuck to using Vidisic® Eye Gel since it did significantly improve my dry eyes symptoms and I cannot go a day without it now. 


I am still using Vidisic® Eye Gel every day - when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed. On some days, I might even need more applications. 
Do I still use regular eyedrops then? Yes, I do.
Rohto eye drops is one of my favourite brands thus far. If you haven't read about my reviews on Rohto C Cube Eyedrops and Rohto Eyedrops Cool, you definitely should!



Vidisic gel, eye gel, Bausch & Lomb, dry eyes solution

Vidisic® Eye Gel

What: Ophthalmic gel
Suitable for: Dry eyes
Brand: Bausch & Lomb
Size: 10g
Price: ~$15
Where to buy: OTC at leading supermarkets/drugstores (Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice..),  online (Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee..), hospitals/pharmacies



Ingredients

1g contains 2mg carbomer, water for injections, cetrimide, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide 



How to use:

Instil 1 drop into the conjunctival sac 3 to 5 times a day, or more if needed. You can use it at any time of the day. Avoid touching your eyes with the tip of the tube.

Remove your contact lenses before using this product. Wait for 15 minutes before putting your lenses back after use.


Watch how I use it:
@jjoyis My essential dry eyes remedy #dryeyes #eyedrops #ophthalmicgel ♬ Cartoon-style piano solo jazz(853970) - motofuji



❗Tip! Tilt your head slightly upwards, and look up when you instil the eye gel.


Promises:

A refreshing and cooling action, keeping the surface of your eyes lubricated 


Packaging

It comes in a tube, something different from regular eye hydrating products. Vidisic® Eye Gel has a soft plastic casing, making it easy to dispense the clear sterile gel in your eye. 


Vidisic gel, eye gel, Bausch & Lomb

The pointed tip greatly aids in the instilling of the eye gel on your conjunctival sac. Avoid touching your eyes with the tip though. You do not want to contaminate the whole tube.



Size 

It comes in a small tube containing 10g of the product. As you will only instil one drop each time, this can last up to a month. 

Please discard one month after opening.



On eyes (Application)

Once you applied a drop in, you can experience temporary blurred vision (about one to three minutes). I got used to the blurriness, hence, I regain my vision faster now. 

I generally do not use this when I'm out as the blurred vision can be a hindrance. 

Blink your eyes more to spread the gel around. It's slightly cooling and you will be relieved from the dryness soon.



Effects

The relief from the dryness does not come as instantly as when you used an eye drop, but effects kick in soon enough. Eye gels subpar eye drops in providing a longer-lasting effect and Vidisic® Eye Gel definitely proved this right. It helps ease my eyes for a longer period.



Overall

If you have pretty bad symptoms of dry eyes just like me, this might be a solution. I know how painful and unbearable it can get. This gel relieves my symptoms so well. I started with using this once every 4 hours, and it took me months before I am able to reduce my frequency to twice a day. It was a tough transition but I did not want to be reliant on external sources of hydration (as much as possible).

Vidisic® Eye Gel is pricier than eyedrops and can be less easy to use (can't do it without a mirror). However, the relief it gave me after using is what I really needed. Definitely glad that this product is available over the counter and sold at many drugstores/online platforms. Nothing can beat having a clear vision. 

Having said that, if you have any discomfort with your eyes, please seek advice from a professional before self-administering any treatment. I am just sharing with you my experience with an ophthalmic gel because it works for me. And prior to LASIK, I have never heard of something like this before.




Pros:
- Lubricates eyes, provides relief for dry eyes symptoms
- Longer-lasting effect 
- Able to help in more severe symptoms of dry eyes



Cons: 
- Blurred vision for 1-3 minutes after using
- More difficult to instil than eye drops
- Need to remove contact lenses before use
- Can be pricier than eye drops





Packaging: 4/5
Hydrating: 4/5
Sensation: 4/5
Ease of use: 3.5/5
Value-for-money: 4.5/5



Rating: 9/10
One of my essential remedies for my dry eyes symptoms.



LIKE our pages to receive updates 
SHARE it with your friends if you find this helpful! 

Thank you & bye! 


0 Comments